January 1st just passed a few days ago, so everyone has new year’s resolutions on their minds. Whether it is trying tirelessly to fulfill them or simply trying to come up with this year’s list, many people are striving to meet their goals. If you just Google several “new year’s resolutions” you can come up with all kinds of articles about resolutions. The common ones, the ones you will succeed, and the ones you will fail trying. Always an encouragement to see that last set of articles, right?
Since you have new things on the mind, I wanted to remind many of you that Melissa and I have been planning, working, and preparing to go to Papua New Guinea (PNG). Now we are at a very pivotal stage. We ask you to pray for us as we begin a hard push to find partners. Partners are people who will pray for us, encourage us, and help financially to send us to PNG. God has already blessed us with several people who are partnering with us, but we have a long way to go still. Lord willing we will be leaving the U.S. for PNG in January of 2014. Making this an exciting and challenging year ahead of us.
Just one of the challenges that face us is leaving everyone behind. Tonight (1/3/2013) my four year old son realized for the first time that one of his friends would not be in PNG. We’ve told him before, but it did not sink in till tonight. He cried for at least quite some time. Challenges lay ahead.
If you have time please pray for these challenges that we will face this year:
- That we maintain our relationship with Christ above all else.
- Leaving friends and family behind.
- Finding partners. Both prayer and financial partners.
- Leaving our beloved dog Charlotte in a good but different home.
- Packing what we need and selling, giving away, or throwing away what we do not need. (Wisdom as to which is which.)
- Encouragement in the day to day. There is a lot of prayer and work to be done.
- Preparation for the new baby.
- Passports, visas, paperwork, and any other work that arises to for us to go.
Would consider partnering with us this year?