Through the month of May we have been praying for various needs within PNG as well as praying for needs that our family has in our journey to PNG. We just wanted to recap with you guys how God has used this month.
- Melissa and I feel extremely revitalized. Not that we had lost track of what God has called us to, but it is not an easy track.
- We have reached 75% of our monthly budget! This is exciting news.
- This month Melissa and I had to make an important decision. We were approached by the PNG office and asked if we would delay our initial field training. We will still attend this training, but we are going straight to Ukarumpa and will attend POC (Pacific Orientation Course) later. More then likely January. After much prayer we felt this to be the direction that God was leading us. So what does this mean? It means that as soon as our visas have cleared and we are at 100% (and released by Wycliffe) that we are free to go to PNG!
- God has been working in the lives of the kids preparing them for PNG. Of course each one in their own special way.
- We had opportunity to visit with a lot of family this past month and begin the goodbyes. It wasn’t always easy, but it was a very good time.
To finish off that last point we stayed with David’s parents for several days in Tullahoma, TN. It was a great time to be with Mom and Dad. Next we went to Huntsville and attended the graduation of one of Melissa’s cousins. In fact a cousin that was in our wedding as a very young ring bearer (I am feeling a little old). And last we stayed with Melissa’s mom, sister, and sister’s family for a week in the Smokey Mountains. All in all a great time to play games and see people. Many of whom we may not be able to see for at least four years.
Here are a few pictures from our time!