It is really happening! We have our plane tickets. Our bags are packed. And re-packed. Weighed and packed a different way. Okay, maybe we won’t be fully packed until we leave, but you get the idea! We will be getting on our first flight towards Papua New Guinea THIS Tuesday!
You have all been amazing during our journey up to now, and we are counting on you to keep holding the rope for us! Our itinerary is a little daunting, and we are desperate for your prayers over us. I’ve listed it below, with local time for where we will be listed first, followed by central standard time.
- Depart Memphis at 1:47 PM, September 9th.
- Arrive in Denver at 3:22 PM (4:22 PM CST).
- Depart Denver at 6:10 PM (7:10 PM CST).
- Arrive in LA at 7:36 PM (9:36 PM CST).
- Depart LA at 10:30 PM (12:30 AM CST, September 10th).
- Arrive in Auckland, NZ at 6:30 AM September 11th (1:30 PM CST September 10th).
- Depart Auckland, NZ at 9:30AM September 11th (4:30 PM CST September 10th).
- Arrive in Brisbane, Australia at 11:10 AM September 11th (8:10 PM CST September 10th).
- Depart Brisbane, Australia at 7:05 PM September 11th (4:05 AM CST September 11th).
- Arrive in Port Morseby, PNG at 10:10 PM September 11th (7:10AM CST September 11th).
- Depart Port Morseby at 2:25 PM September 12th (11:25 PM September 11th).
- Arrive in Ukarumpa at approximately 4:00 PM (1:00 AM September 12th)
That’s over 50 hours of travel time!
We would love to be covered in prayer during every moment possible of this trip. If you are willing to commit to pray specifically for us during one or more 15 minute windows of time, and view specific prayer requests for different stops, you can do so here. You can even set up e-mail reminders, if you want too!
Several friends of ours traveled to PNG recently. They said the trip went better than they could have imagined it going, and they also said they had people at home praying faithfully for them 🙂
We will be keeping social media up-to-date as much as possible during our trip, and we will update as soon as we can from Ukarumpa. This may take a few days, but we plan to at least call family, who will be able to spread the word that we have arrived safely. Thank you for sending us, and standing with us as we go!